When researching ground transportation, there are several distinctly diverse alternatives to consider. Options include a readily available rented vehicle that can provide immediate transportation to and from your destination, or, for basic drop off service to a specific location, a simple no frills, one way ride via shuttle bus or public transit. Just about every mode of airport and extended stay commuter service has been taken into consideration and presented here for swift comparison shopping to save time, energy, and most importantly resources. In addition to transportation planning, an interactive map located at page bottom is incorporated to assist you with engineering the most efficient driving directions for the Sacramento vicinity and surrounding areas.
- Sacramento, capitol of the rapidly growing and expansive multi-recreational golden state of California, is located approximately 80 miles northeast of San Francisco. Densely populated and surrounded by picturesque and geographically diverse scenic settings, this now bustling business friendly municipality first came to prominence in the mid 1800's during the gold rush era. The mere thought of discovering a small fortune while retrieving troves of buried metallic valuables enticed thousands of Americans from all corners of the country to hastily pick up stake, and make the long arduous journey westward in hopes of instantaneously uncovering their own private mother lode within minutes of introducing shovel to earth. With an estimated 98% of all gold deposits still intact and protected by canyon walls or incorporated within the sandy sediment of a seemingly endless number of flowing streams, this precious metal rich region continues to be a prospectors wonderland, playing host to all comers who wish to try their luck.
- Sacramento California also plays host to approximately 5 million domestic and international visitors who travel through the states 5th busiest commercial air transport facility, Sacramento International Airport, en route to various intercontinental and global destinations. At present, the passenger demographic mix is approximately 99% domestic and 1% international which indicates a predominate national presence verses worldwide. 17 Commercial airlines operate out of 2 terminals with roughly 50% of the commuter traffic serviced by Southwest Airlines.
- SMF is a mid sized facility that is conveniently situated 10 miles northwest of the rapidly growing commercial district. This central location provides business travelers who are either domiciled or frequent the area, a relatively short commute to and from the terminals.
- A myriad of restaurants and shops are located throughout SMF, both pre and post security venues. From premier coffee shops like Starbucks, to fast food choices including Burger King and Quiznos, a quick bite or hearty meal can be ordered to satisfy a light or more demanding appetite. For real time headline updates, a CNBC news feed can be accessed at various sites throughout the airport.
- American Airlines - American Eagle - Alaska Airlines - Continental Airlines - Delta Airlines - Delta Connection - Frontier Airlines - Hawaiian Airlines - Horizon Air - JetBlue Airways - Mesa Airlines - SkyWest Airlines - Southwest Airlines - United Airlines - United Express - US Airways - US Airways Express -
Commercial Carriers Via SMF